In legumes and other angiosperms that develop dried and dehiscent fruits, they have an essential role in protecting seeds against pathogens and pests, while constituting the most important organ in crop productivity and yield. Key processes in development such as ripening and indehiscence of the fruit constitute an agronomic milestone of particular relevance. This project aims to take advantage of natural and induced variation through a mutagenesis program with EMS, along with transcriptomic analysis, for the identification of key genes involved in fruit development in common beans. The information generated in this project will allow, not only to design strategies to manipulate the development of the fruit and consequently improve the yield of the harvest, a crucial aspect from the commercial point of view as a legume, but also, and perhaps even more important, its value in quality, reducing the fibers of the fruit, and increasing its value for production as a vegetable.
- EVENTO FINAL PROTEINLEG 9 MARZO 2023
- Divulgación en la Universidad de Almería del proyecto PROTEINLEG
- Foro de innovación en el sector agroalimentario: iniciativas destinadas al bienestar animal y humano a través del desarrollo de ingredientes alternativos
- Cultivos de Leguminosas Grano para todos los usos
- Publicado el audiovisual divulgativo del proyecto Proteinleg